Mr. Crepe is out. True Grounds is in.After a really bad day at Mr. Crepe this week, I knew I needed to look elsewhere for a study haven. Besides the inaccessible internet connection, pricey food, and austere atmosphere, the table limit at Mr. Crepe was making me too anxious to write. Trying to figure out at every moment if I needed to leave so another customer could have my seat was wearing.
Yesterday I finally tried True Grounds. Tons of people in the neighborhood have raved about it...good coffee, nice vibe, dog friendly, etc. etc. But it seemed so far...(this is the part where I throw myself a pity party).
Turns out it is probably faster than getting to Mr. Crepe, has good coffee, free, reliable internet, yummy (and cheap) soups, folk music (no more "hip," cutting-edge dance music a la Mr. Crepe), comfy, warm spaces and a way chill staff who could care less how long you stay.
Yeah!
7 comments:
Sounds great! How did you get that great little collage?
Looks like she stole it off their website..heh. It's a direct inline link from there.
I've not gone or even heard of this place. Definitely a look for.
Sorry I spaced our "planned for study date" I fly out to Phoenix tomorrow and was using the day to get ready. I totally forgot we were planning to meet.
Don't worry, Kirk, you are the third person this week to stand me up....it just gives me more time to read.
Mr. Crepe was less crowded yesterday, but from now on I think it is True Grounds for me.
Whaaa!
Now i feel worse...
Really, I hate those weeks when I get stood up in succession like that.
I may be meeting with Drs. Wolfteich and Robert next Wed. Otherwise, I'll make a point to be there.
There was no sarcasm in that comment...I really menat no problem. When I don't have appointments I have more time...in theory anyway.
Of course, I always love to see you:)
Awesome! It sounds like a very cool place I'd love to have here in Dayton.
actually, this sounds more similar to the Common Grounds coffee shop in Denver where I'd camp it for coffee and whatever was going on there. Including the Irish music jam nights!
Post a Comment