I occasionally troll the conservative websites in our denomination just to see what they are up to. I have been waiting to see their reaction to the Clergywomen's Consultation, but have found them absolutely silent on the matter.
Instead, today, I found this thrilling article on feminism, "Stirring the Cauldron of Radical Feminism" about the ridiculous nature of women's studies and the founding of a new university group of conservative women.
It made me both laugh and feel nauseous all at once. The statements were so over-the-top and reactionary it was funny. Yet, these types of sensationalist articles, written without any depth of knowledge of feminism, gender studies or the like, are dangerous to women. They distort feminism for their own benefit, tricking women into not even becoming educated. What is wrong with a little education in the area of gender???
PS
By the way, when I spell checked the article, the computer notified me that "clergywomen" was spelled incorrectly. The correct spelling I was given was "clergymen." Who needs feminism?!?!?
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Didn't you know, real feminists encourage every woman they meet to have an abortion? Real feminists hate children and they hate women who choose to have children. Real feminists deride and degrade other women who choose to make their careers inside their homes rather than outside. Real feminists, if they choose to have children at all (which is unlikely), send them to daycare at 8 days old so that they don't have to miss any work.
It's easy to hate feminists when you turn them into the evil creatures you want them to be.
Funny thing, though. I'm a feminist who stays home with my kid. I clean the house during the day. I have a hot meal on the table at night. I intend to stay at home for as long as I feel it's the right thing to do, regardless of how that may affect my career. But no conservative "enlightened" woman wants to admit to my existence. And if she did she'd claim that I'm really not a feminist at all.
What do you expect from someone who writes for WorldNetDaily. Half of those loons think that the vote should be taken away from women.
And the author and her editors should learn how to spell "cauldron."
Good post.
Post a Comment