I have worked just three days at my new temporary consulting job as the Religious Outreach Coordinator for MassEquality and I LOVE IT!!!
I am still getting used to working in an office. People actually talk to you and interrupt your work?!?! But it is so engaging and energizing. There is something happening all the time in the office...and I mean all the time...I leave at 6 PM and folks are just arriving to begin their work.
The flow of volunteers and advocates in and out of the office is inpiring and encouraging. So many people working so hard for one cause!! It is hopeful in the midst of a nation and culture which all too often leaves no space for hope. At least now listening to the incessant news reports of war, bombings, hate crimes, anti-gay state and federal laws, poverty, and oppression, I have a little slice of hope to buoy me up because I know that there are small groups of dedicated and passionate indiviudals creating change in the world and bringing forth a little bit of kin-dom for us all.
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds great! I'm glad you're enjoying it
Post a Comment