Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Think I Found It!

So, I think I found a new TV addiction. While I received many suggestions for new shows, I think it is going to come down to Monday nights...not football (particularly after the Bengals' crushing defeat), but rather HEROES.

It is a new show on NBC about ordinary people around the globe who begin to discover extraordinary powers. The cast of characters is great! There is the cheerleader whose body cannot be hurt...broken, burnt and mangled she re-generates time and time again; the nerdy Japanese man, Hiro, who likens his ability to bend time and space to his favorite show, Star Trek; the druggee artist who paints the future; the pair of brothers, one a politician, the other a slacker, who discover they can fly; Weiss, from Alias, who is now a policeofficer who can hear people's thoughts; and my personal favorite, who definately gets the vote of most intriguing, the stripper who turns Hulk-like when she is angry. She blacks out each time only to wake up and find a mass of dead people around her.

It is suspenseful, interesting and completely out of touch with reality. The perfect show in which to lose myself.

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hmm, Monday Night Football was going to be my next suggestion. This new show sounds interesting. I might give it a shot next week, although I don't know if I can handle more than one show addiction at a time.

HP said...

But now you don't have to write a sermon each week...that gives you at least another hour of television addiction!!!