Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Reason #4375 Why I Am an Idiot

Early flights are never fun...particularly in the winter when it is pitch black out as you try to assemble your bags, dress and get out the door on time.

Last week I as headed to Chapel Hill for the baptism of my godbaby, Stella, I was in such a rush I didn't notice what boots I pulled out of my closet...until I was taking them off at the security check in.

Much to my chagrin, I discovered only too late that while they felt the same, they were in fact quite different...one black, one brown, one square, one pointed. Lovely.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

That's awesome! It's one of those moments where you consider just wearing a sign that says, "Yes, I know my shoes don't match" to keep people from snickering behind your back. If it helps, they're both fabulous boots.

Mary Beth said...

By the way, I noticed that the incident from January 24 and this one are sequential. Does that mean you haven't done anything idiotic between those two dates? I'm really impressed.

HP said...

Well, nothing that merits blogging about....

Anonymous said...

Tiffany...darling...this really takes away from the whole "sharp dressed pastor" thing!

Although you'd have to go a lot further to lose the title of "best dressed pastor in the conference."

HP said...

Kirk,

I laughed at the first line of your comment and am now full out cackling as I read the second....so sad, but true....

Of course, one could interpret this as my being "fashion forward."

Anonymous said...

Um...no.

You don't go forward by taking steps back.

One has to be careful when rooting around in dark closets after all!

Jennifer said...

I am laughing more at the dialogue here than at the faux pas... you poor thing! I would have died of mortification. But MB is right, they are both great boots!