We have officially lived in Davis Square a week today and are loving being urbanites once again. There is something so nice about being able to walk or take public transportation anywhere you need to go!! We love the diversity and liveliness of our neighborhood. It is quite a difference from the sleepy bedroom suburb in which we used to live!
Here are a few reasons why we love Davis Square:
1. Restaurants! Restaurants! Restaurants!!!
Never another night of choosing the lesser of two dining out evils. Now we are right smack dab in the middle of gourmand haven. Here are a few we like:
- The Blue Shirt Cafe - Gourmet Wraps; think veggies, goat cheese, jasmine rice, black beans and tofu...YUMMY!
- Tu y Yo - The BEST Mexican I have found north of the DF. It is all homemade, slow cooked recipes from Mexico's heartland.
- Redbones - An "okay" barbeque joint within walking distance...so, it's not Dreamland, but it's southern food fast...sweet tea, greens, corn bread, biscuits, not to mention the ribs and pulled pork!
- Toscanini's - A great ice cream and coffee joint...fresh made ice cream only second in the Boston area to White Mountain Creamery and, of course, second to Cincinnati's favorite ice cream...Graeter's.
2. Dog Friendly!
What a great place to walk the dogs and meet other dog owners! Somerville even has a dog owners association..SomDog. This morning we hiked the two and half miles from our house to the dog park for a play date! The dogs are happily sleeping while I "unpack."
3. Public Transportation!
We are now only three blocks from the Redline...no more parking nightmares, tickets or high fees when we want to hang out in Boston...all we have to do is hop on the T!
4. One Block from our CSA
Last year I drove 45 minutes each way to pick up our produce from our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture), Waltham Community Farms. Now, I walk one block to a pick up station and get all my fresh veggies without the long drive!
5. No one knows my secret identity
Here no one knows I am a pastor...I get to be a regular person, a neighbor, a friend!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mary Beth helped me with this....when you create your post, up at the top there should be an icon for adding a photo. It is a square with sky and a mountain/landscape in it. Click on that and you can upload photos.
Once you upload the photo, you can move it around (though I have trouble getting the pics in just the right spot...
YES, I did eat at Dreamland, but in Birmingham with Josh many years ago.
I am glad we are connected via blog!!!
Lucky!!!
We went to Chi-town today so that I could go to the doctor. I really miss riding the bus to work, riding the El, walking to the grocery store, walking to church (of course I do that now, but it's not the same), and having so many restaurants to choose from.
Joliet was bearable because we could still drive into town if we wanted to, but the commute from Jackson's going to be a little far.
I'm so jealous. But happy for you!
Post a Comment