Friday, September 29, 2006

In Need of an Addiction

The new season of TV has rolled around again and is conspicuously missing my guilty pleasure...Alias. For the past five years, I looked forward to one sinfully good hour a week watching a show that, despite its objectification of women and glorification of violence, was absolutely addictive!

Last year as Alias wrapped up its final season I tried to find a substitute addiction to fill the coming void. I watched Desperate Housewives, House, Grey's Anatomy, even CSI and CSI Miami. But there were no sparks. This year with a new line up I still had hope for that perfect fix...Studio 60, Heroes, Dancing with the Stars,Brothers and Sisters...yet none seem to fit.

All I want is one good show that gives me something to look forward to as I work week after week...just one hour of rest, just one hour of escape, just one hour of meaningless TV drama.

Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

My name is Mary Beth, and I'm a Grey's Anatomy-aholic.

Mary Beth said...

Have you tried Gilmore Girls? You've only missed the first episode if you want to give it a shot.