I found out today that I am actually not a Christian.
Who knew? Following Jesus, going to seminary, being ordained...apparently none of that mattered because my faith claims don't fit the definition set by certain others.
Blog comments I made have been posted on someone else's blog (you probably all know who I mean) as an example of Christians who aren't really Christians. I guess I join the ranks of "non-christians" and "god-haters." Excellent!
You'd think I might be a little agitated, but quite frankly, I'm glad I didn't make their cut!
Saturday, October 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hear, hear! I found out I'm not a Christian because of the books I read (I don't know if you saw that one or not). If that's what being Christian is, count me out.
No...I did not see that one. On your site or theirs?
Good to know I am in good company.
Ew, I found it. You got lambasted much worse than I did. Good for you!
Their website is like a car wreck....you want to turn away in horror, but there is this strange, sick compulsion to see what happens next.
Welcome to the club...
After doing a bit more research, I felt compelled to point out that the individual in question wrote the following in a posted dated 9/23/06:
"We are not to point a judgmental finger at someone and go around haughtily deciphering who is real and who is fake for the sake of "being right" or proving our own genuiness or righteousness..."
Post a Comment