Monday, January 29, 2007

I Thought the Cold War Was Over...

This is just sad and wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez. Yah. That the city is apparently involved in an official capacity seems really disenheartening. At the same time though, it could be viewed as a 'riot control' effort inasmuch as they know damn well there's gonna be all sorts of unrest in Miami when it happens.

Nevertheless, terming it a 'celebration' is just plain crass and I wonder if that's the city planners terminology or some media outlet seeking to smear them.

Xochitl said...

yeah, it just doesn't feel right at all...and although I can only imagine the horrible experiences people have had to live through because of his dictatorship - I have Cuban relatives who have shared their stories - celebrting anyone's death does not ever seem right. I would mourn the inhumane life they lived. But in terms of celebration, I would reserve that for transformation, repentance, restoration - those things would be worth celebratring!