Friday, May 11, 2007

God Loves Me...

She certainly does!

This week our garbage disposal broke, which in theory shouldn't be so bad...except that when the disposal breaks the water refuses to drain. Every time we turn on the faucet for even the most miniscule moment, water backs up along with the remains of the last time we used the disposal.

YUCK!

Getting it fixed will take time since we have to go through the trustees of the church. At first I tried to use the least amount of dishes as possible. But, soon, after a few days it didn't seem to help. I still had a sink full of dirty dishes. So, yesterday, I finally caved and washed the dishes in the bathtub. Not a comfortable nor fun endeavor to say the least. Things were looking bad.

But, then in the midst of my kvetching to a friend she mentioned she had a portable dishwasher we could have...the same portable dishwasher I had been lusting after on craigslist for months! So, hopefully, tonight we will pick it up and I will be spared another bathroom dish episode!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hooray for friends with portable dishwashers! I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Mary Beth said...

Oh, my, that story sounds familiar. If I could get my utility sink to you I'd let you borrow it, too. Much nicer than that bathtub.

Yay for portable dishwashers!

HP said...

Yeah, bathtub dishwashing sucks!!

We have yet to pick up the dishwasher and already just from last night and this morning I have another sink full.