Monday, January 29, 2007

Mr. Crepe Hits the Spot

Despite my faux pas earlier last week, I do believe that Mr. Crepe just may be my writing spot.

When I first moved to Davis Square I was smitten with Diesel, the very hip, urban coffee house in the center of the square. Yet, as I actually thought about working there the noise, "urban grit" (and by that I mean smelly bathrooms and dirty tables), and ever present crowds soon made it seem like a less than savory option for full time writing. Just getting a table, let alone an outlet for the laptop, seemed too daunting to even try.

At Mr. Crepe, on the other hand, there is always a table, there are a bajillion outlets, people are quiet, bathrooms are spotless, and wi-fi is free (although spotty at times...but what can you expect for free?)...not to mention the very, very yummy crepes and waffles! My only fear is that they will close before the dissertation is complete.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Looks yummy! And much more inviting than someplace called "Diesel."

Jennifer said...

I totally agree with MB! Except I can see that I would quickly gain weight sitting there every day...

HP said...

Yes, that is the problem with my coffee house options...the food is good and fattening. I definately need to find a place to work out everyday after I finish writing.

David Daesoo Kim, Ph.D. said...

Why is it that it that I can't work from home? Do you have the same problem?

HP said...

Working from home is a guarante that nothing will get done. I think there are too many distractions and it feels too comfortable.

Anonymous said...

The comfort issue is the problem with me working from home. I took to the Panera in Watertown for comps. But it's been jammed packed busy in the afternoons recently and I can only get a seat at one of the tall tables with those horrid chairs. So that isn't panning out too well for me for writing just yet.

HP said...

Kirk, you are welcome to join me at Mr. Crepe....I should be there 7 to 3ish starting next Tuesday.